To report potential or know issues related to unsafe working conditions; hazardous materials theft, release, exposure, or disposal; indoor air quality or mold; fire and egress risks; or, failure to meet applicable law, rule, or regulation relating to the environment, working conditions, or workplace safety.

May also provide information regarding the physical, mental and emotional well-being of an individual. This includes hazing — any incident that is physically, emotionally, or psychologically detrimental to a student and damages the integrity of an organization.


Carolina Ethics Line is a secure method through which to submit an anonymous report either online or by telephone. All reports submitted through Carolina Ethics Line will be given careful attention by appropriate UNC-Chapel Hill offices and officials. Anyone filing a report via Carolina Ethics Line should retain the report key and password and return to the website within 10 working days to check for comments or follow-up questions.

Report to the Carolina Ethics Line


UNC students, parents, faculty, staff and community members can submit a report. This form is sent directly to the Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life and Community Involvement. The University’s ability to investigate reported incidents depends on the accuracy and specificity of the information provided. The Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life and Community Involvement can provide more specific information.

Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life and Community Involvement
2100 Granville Towers Lane South
CB 5100
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-5100
Phone: 919-962-8298

Report to the Hazing Hotline.


Contact 911 or the UNC-Chapel Hill Department of Public Safety at (919) 962-8100 to report a missing person. The Office of the Dean of Students can also receive information regarding missing persons and provide support to those concerned for our students. Read more information here.

Office of the Dean of Students
Student and Academic Services Bldg. North (SASB)
450 Ridge Road Suite 1106
Campus Box 5100
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
Phone: 919-966-4042


The Office of Human Resources website contains the policies, procedures and systems regarding employment at the University, including grievance policies and instructions and forms for filing a grievance.Workplace violence should be reported to either UNC Public Safety or Employee & Management Relations (E&MR) in the Office of Human Resources, depending on the circumstances. Access the Workplace Violence Reporting Form and additional information here.

  • Violence currently in progress or immediate threats of violence should be reported to UNC Public Safety (dial 911) for emergency response coordination. The reporting party should then report the threat to Employee & Management Relations.
  • Potential threats of violence should be immediately reported to Employee & Management Relations at 919-843-3444.

An Employee & Management Relations Consultant is assigned to work with each campus department. To find your E&MR Consultant, go to HR Connect.

Human Resources
104 Airport Drive
Campus Box 1045
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
Phone: 919-843-2300


Incidents resulting in personal injuries to students, staff, faculty, and visitors while on University property, or in the course of University employment or activity, are to be reported to the University Department of Environment, Health and Safety. EHS will investigate for potentially unsafe conditions and initiate corrective action as appropriate. Campus Police are to notify the Department of Environment, Health and Safety of incidents to which they respond. You can access the Employee’s Incident Report Form and more information about the applicable procedures here.

Environment, Health & Safety
1120 Estes Drive Extension
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-1650
Phone: 919-962-5507


Student complaints about housing violations should be reported to the Department of Housing and Residential Education. Students sign a Housing Contract that states the contractual obligations between students who live in campus housing and the Department. In addition to the Housing Contract, students must abide by the Community Living Standards. Any violations or suspected violations of the Housing Contract or the Community Living Standards should be reported to the Department.

Department of Housing and Residential Education
450 Ridge Road
Campus Box 5500
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
Phone: 919-962-5401